1.5K views

Update by user Jul 29, 2011

I would like to advise everyone that after a rocky patch things were resolved with this company I was given a full refund and the matter was resolved. Therefore I withdraw my previous comment which was written in anger.

Laura Kavanagh

Original review posted by user Oct 20, 2010

Do not use this company for your own sakes they have been nothing short of a terrible nightmare and treated us so unfairly. I was decorating my daughters bedroom and ordered a cabin bed in good faith from these guys. My builder and my partner noticed it was cracked on the front facia aswell as parts missing. I was really annoyed as we had paid the builder for the day and my daughter now had no bed to sleep on. I rang the comapany the next day to advise them I would be returning it, which was within the required time.

Since this ordeal trying to get a refund has been awful, they are rude and accused us of breakng the bed themselves, ( apparently the know exactly how our builder broke it) they wasnt there!!!!!

I am now believe it or not starting a small claims court trial against them to get the money that they should of refunded me. I have had to take the matter this far as I have contacted them 5 times for my refund and they feel they are not obliged to refund me accusing us of the liability, they have been so unprofessional and have are greatly lacking in customer service skills.

Take my advice the quality they produce is unsatifactory you will be bitterly dissapointed and heaven forbid you requiring a refund. My best advise as a fellow consumer stay the *** away.

Had an Experience with MRSFLATPACK?

Comments

I have a delivery tomorrow 7 am for two multi bunks which I have waited for, for over 6 wks.I have however had responses to my emails assuring they already on the way.

I just hope that the wait is worth it.Tomorrow will tell.

My daughter wanted midi cabin beds for my two grandchildren so I purchased them from Mrs.Flatpack, aka Belvoir Associates.

At first I thought the items were good but when my son in law and I tried to put the drawers together we found they were a bad fit, the fascias did not fit tightly against the drawer frames, and some of the frames were damaged or broken. We emailed and have been told there will be a charge to replace the broken drawers as there is no proof they were broken in transit - no mention of the badly fitting drawers!! I was going to purchase more bedroom furniture for the children and also for my daugters bedroom.

Their poor customer relations has now cost them a lot of money.To say I am disappointed is an understatement but worst of all is the disappointment on my grandchildren's faces each day they go into their bedrooms :cry

I agree with the comments about this company!Their customer service is appalling!!

Incompetent sales staff make statements about stock being in and then suddely out of stock when a purchase is placed. Vague about delivery times.

Inept!How do they stay in business?????

Bed was inspected upon it's return - and it was found:

No parts missing (c/m said there was), and 'builder' had not followed the Assembly Instruction, resulting in damage to a panel that was cracked. An attempt to build the outer frame, and then trying to force a panel into place, resulted in the crack. The large end panels both have evidence of having the screws tightened in place (indentations around the holes where the screws have been). Pilot holes were 'missed', resulting in a board being split.

We have produced many thousands of these beds (To EN747 certification .... the European equivalent to a BS Standard) and do find 'carpenters' and 'builders', who are paid a fixed amount to assemble items, often short-cut the instructions.

This bed should be constructed in such a way that a sub-assembly is done at one end. We know the builder had not done the sub-assembly, because the many panels relating to it had not had any evidence of screws being fitted.